OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

OKFreeWheel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guidance on Eating on the Ride

Go down

Guidance on Eating on the Ride Empty Guidance on Eating on the Ride

Post  RonD Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Any Endurance Guru's have advice on hydration/fueling during and after the ride? (i.e., how much carbs, protein, minerals, water, Gatorade, etc.)

I've learned the following:
- I tend to not eat enough (of good food)
- I need more carbs and less protein than recent popular advice typically suggests
- bananas, orange juice, and pickle juice (diluted) help prevent cramps at 40+ miles
- the most effective hydration is a lifestyle - lots well before and after my actual exercise

RonD

Back to top Go down