OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

OKFreeWheel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touring Bike

3 posters

Go down

Touring Bike Empty Touring Bike

Post  TXPegasus Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:08 pm

What ever type of bike you opt to ride, train with it, get to know it and have fun. Those of us on the small rolling tanks AKA touring bikes head out not for speed but for the enjoyment of seeing the countryside. My Novara Safari weighs in at 30lbs without anything on her. But of course I have to add my thingamajigs and doodads to maker her my own! Ya'll know what I'm talking about Laughing !

Wider tires gives a little more flexibility with rough roads or gravel. Plus for distances day after day its more comfy, in my opinion. Besides, I'm usually one of the last ones to roll into camp each night, I spend way too much time out on the road, take too many photos but when I get home I feel like I didn't take enough!

Everyone has their own preference, decide how you want to ride and OWN IT! Ride your pace and remember this isn't a race.

TXPegasus

Back to top Go down

Touring Bike Empty Another Tank Commander

Post  Ennis Lion Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:17 pm

My plan is to bring a large tank, start early each morning so I can say "Hi" to all the others as they pass. The tank is slow, and such an easy ride. After all if you reach camp by noon what do you do the rest of the day? When I ride the tank at some of the Saturday rides people make the strangest faces, and when I stop to each lunch during the ride they lose their mind!

Ennis Lion

Back to top Go down

Touring Bike Empty another touring bike rider

Post  Moni Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 am

Yes, touring bikes rock! They always get you there... with any gear you attach Surprised . Like TXPegasus, I ride to the start with my gear, and then continue to ride FW on my touring bike.

FreeWheel is awesome sunny . You have all day to get in to camp. You might as well enjoy the ride and the sights!.

Moni

Moni

Back to top Go down

Touring Bike Empty Re: Touring Bike

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum