OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

OKFreeWheel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O2 Cool Fans

2 posters

Go down

O2 Cool Fans Empty O2 Cool Fans

Post  mapdude Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 am

O2 Cool makes a variety of great fans, and a good fan is essential for camping in Oklahoma or Texas in June. I actually use 2 of them on OKFW - a fairly lightweight 8" model that comes with a power adapter for loaded touring. It works great and since we have electric outlets at all our campsites when touring, I don't carry heavy batteries. When I get into Frederick, I'll recover my 10" model and go shopping for 16 D cell batteries. They make some great smaller models also. Stay away from the tent fans with foam rubber blades - they're practically worthless - those little flimsy blades just don't move much air at all. Most Walmarts carry O2 Cool fans. So does Academy Sports.

mapdude

Back to top Go down

O2 Cool Fans Empty Re: O2 Cool Fans

Post  rowlettroadkill Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:20 pm

I bought my O2 fan based on your recommendation. What type of run time can you expect with 1 set of batteries on high? how about low? Box says 40 hours so I assume that is on low.... you have any real world experience?

rowlettroadkill

Back to top Go down

O2 Cool Fans Empty O2 Cool battery life

Post  mapdude Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

rowlettroadkill wrote:I bought my O2 fan based on your recommendation. What type of run time can you expect with 1 set of batteries on high? how about low? Box says 40 hours so I assume that is on low.... you have any real world experience?

I'd say trust the box. All I can say is after starting with fresh batteries in both fans at the beginning of the week, they were still blowing strong by the end of the week. I'd usually have the fans on high for 30 minutes or so to cool things down then switch them to low. I'd turn both of them off sometime during the night. But if you do have to replace the batteries mid-week, almost every town will have a Family Dollar or Dollar General. No need to tote extras in your duffle.

mapdude

Back to top Go down

O2 Cool Fans Empty Re: O2 Cool Fans

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum