OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

OKFreeWheel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air mattress

3 posters

Go down

Air mattress Empty Air mattress

Post  Rwerner Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:58 am

I am bringing a twin air mattress and wondering if I need to bring my Coleman pump (of course that would require a power source, too). I would guess with air for bike tires it may not be necessary, but also wondering how far I will be dragging an aired up mattress from pump to tent, or power outlet to tent? Pretty sure I will be at the end of the crowd rolling in late and camping on the fringes.

Rwerner

Back to top Go down

Air mattress Empty Air mattress

Post  mapdude Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

Welcome to OKFW! Bring a battery powered pump. The ones with 4 D cells work just fine. You can probably find a power outlet around camp for the pumb you already have, but then you'd have to carry your mattress a ways. Just don't use your pump during quiet hours - they can wake up the dead!

mapdude

Back to top Go down

Air mattress Empty Reverse batteries before packing.

Post  mschooling Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:27 pm

An additional comment related to ANY battery powered items you pack. Before packing away in your bag for the day, reverse or remove one of the batteries to prevent the pump/flashlight/fan/etc from getting started during loading, transit, or unloading and running the batteries down.

And you shouldn't worry about packing extra batteries if they're a common size, as there will be plenty of places to replenish in the communities we pass through and stay in.

mschooling

Back to top Go down

Air mattress Empty Re: Air mattress

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum