OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OKFreeWheel
Welcome to Oklahoma FreeWheel's "forum" pages.

Whether you've got a burning question for a FreeWheel veteran or can't wait to share something special you've located along this year's route, this is the place for you.

And if you don't find a category or forum that fits your question or comment, let us know and we'll consider adding it to the mix (email forum@okfreewheel.com).

OKFreeWheel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warming Up the 2nd Time

2 posters

Go down

Warming Up the 2nd Time Empty Warming Up the 2nd Time

Post  Laura in NTX Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm

We all know to limit time at rest stops in order to keep muscles from cooling down. However, it's inevitable when you stop for lunch - or to sight see - that the cool down will happen. For me, it's a little rougher getting warmed up in this situation than it was in the morning when I started. I would be more than thankful for tips or tricks that get any of you through it with a little less physical wear and tear. Very Happy

Laura in NTX

Back to top Go down

Warming Up the 2nd Time Empty Rest stop relief!

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 pm

That is a great question! These would be my recommendations:

1. You can rest as long as you want, but make sure to keep the blood flowing while you're at the stop. STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH! Walk around a bit, shake out your arms and legs, and then stretch some more.

2. Any time I know I am coming to a place where I will be stopping for a while, I make sure to put my bike in an easy gear so that when I get going again I won't have to struggle just to get going again.

3. Stay in that easy gear for about 10 minutes until you have adequately warmed up your muscles again.

Things should feel ALOT better--hope that helps!

Joy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://WWW.okfreewheel.com

Back to top Go down

Warming Up the 2nd Time Empty Re: Warming Up the 2nd Time

Post  Laura in NTX Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Thank you Joy! I will try this starting now!

Laura in NTX

Back to top Go down

Warming Up the 2nd Time Empty Re: Warming Up the 2nd Time

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down